If you love windeand you love shepherd's pie, this will be come a new favourite.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 pk. Beef Bourguignon (with Mushrooms)
- Red wine, Water and Butter as per package directions.
- Prepare your sauce packet according to the directions provided while other preparation is being completed.
- 3 pounds of potatoes - peeled and diced, place in a pot sufficiently large to cover the potatoes with water.
- Boil until soft, drain off liquid then mash until smooth
- Once thoroughly mashed add:
- 1/4 c. butter,
- 1/2 cup cream or milk,
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mash in thoroughly.
- For an extra crispy crust you can mash in one egg.
- 1 to 1.5 pounds ground beef.
- Saute until no longer pink.
- Drain fat from ground beef.
- Mix in your pre-prepared bourguignon sauce.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 30 minutes until top begins to crisp and the sauce is bubbling.